We are committed to protecting your Privacy in accordance with Australian Privacy Principles and privacy laws. We also recognise that when you choose to provide us information about yourself that you trust us to act responsibly and in your best interests therefore, we have the following policies in place to protect your personal information.
What is “personal information”?
(a) The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) currently defines “personal information” as meaning information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
(i) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
(ii) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- What information do we collect?
(a) The kind of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use the website.
The personal information which We collect and hold about you may include:
- (i) Your personal details, including name, date of birth and address, contact details and email address;
- (ii) Credit card details;
- (iii) Payment information;
- (iv) Financial information such as your bank account details;
- (v) Transaction information;
- (vi) Information contained on identification documents (such as driving licences) and, in some specific cases, copies of such identification documents, where we require these to verify your identity;
- (vii) Information on how you use our products and services;
- (viii) Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, server address, domain name and information on your browsing activity when visiting one of our websites; and
- (ix) Personal preferences or views regarding products and services.
(b) We may also collect the following information/tracking data for statistical purposes to help us understand how to make our website more available and user friendly for you and to measure the success of any advertising activities we may undertake:
- (i) your IP address;
- (ii) the date and time of your visits to our Site;
- (iii) your clicks and activity on our Site;
- (iv) the referring site if any through which you clicked through to our Site; and
- (v) technical information on your browser, device and operating systems.
- (c) We may not be able to provide our Services, or make offers to you without your Personal Information.
- How we collect your personal information
- (a) We may collect personal information from you whenever you input such information into the website.
- (c) We collect personal information in a number of ways including:
- (i) when you order goods or services from us;
- (ii) when you request for a refund or exchange of a product;
- (iii) when you subscribe to our mailing lists;
- (iv) when you provide us your details for customer care purposes;
- (vi) when you submit an enquiry using our website;
- (vii) when you complete surveys or provide online feedback or product reviews;
- (viii) when you publicly comment about us on social media sites (for example so that we can answer questions about our products); and
- (d) We hold personal information in a number of ways, including:
- (i) as part of customer records and other electronic documents in which personal information is contained which are stored on our information technology systems and servers operated by third parties who provide services to us in connection with our business; and
- (ii) by securely storing hard copy documents in which personal information is contained, at our premises.
- Purpose of collection
(a) The purpose for which we collect personal information includes:
- (i) to provide you with the best service experience possible on the website;
- (ii) to provide you with products and/or services you have ordered/purchased;
- (iii) dealing with requests, enquiries, complaints, consumer guarantee or warranty claims, and other customer care or brand protection related activities;
- (iv) marketing our products and services and providing advice on our products; (v) making recommendations or suggestions to you in relation to our products and services;
- (vi) developing and improving products and services (for example, through customer reviews and surveys);
- (vii) the operation and administration of accounts or subscriptions that you have with us;
- (viii) payment processing;
- (ix) processing a refund or exchange of a product;
- (x) carrying out certain checks (for example, for our fraud or theft prevention processes);
- (xi) interacting with suppliers in relation to products supplied by those suppliers, such as product recalls and updates;
- (xii) purposes relating to any third party acquisition or potential acquisition of an interest in our company or of our assets;
- (xiii) complying with our obligations under agreements with third parties;
- (b) We may also use and disclose your personal information for other purposes, related to those described above, which would be reasonably expected by you.
- (c) We customarily disclose personal information to our service providers who assist us in operating the website. Your personal information may also be exposed from time to time to maintenance and support personnel acting in the normal course of their duties.
- (d) By using our website, you consent to the receipt of direct marketing material. We will only use your personal information for this purpose if we have collected such information direct from you, and if it is material of a type which you would reasonably expect to receive from use. We do not use sensitive personal information in direct marketing activity. Our direct marketing material will include a simple means by which you can request not to receive further communications of this nature.
- Information we release and share
- (a) We will only release information about you as authorised by yourself, required by law or where required in order for us to provide the required services to yourself e.g to third party service providers.
- (b) Where personal information is supplied to such third parties, the information provided will only be sufficient for the third party to perform their services.
- (c) We will not release your information for any purpose which you could reasonably expect us not to release the information.
- (d) We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- (i) Authorised service providers
We may share your personal information with authorised service providers that may be performing certain services on our behalf. These services may include processing credit card payments, supplying us with goods, providing
customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, surveys and other features that may be offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
When you engage in promotions offered through our website or social media accounts, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner with or are affiliated with to offer you those products, services and/or, promotions.
(iii) Other Situations
We may also disclose your information:
- (A) in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency, or to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us; or
(e) Some of your personal information may be disclosed, stored, processed or used outside of Australia by us or by our third party service providers. For example, your information may be disclosed to, or processed by, our third party service providers located in other countries where their computer systems may be located from time to time.
- Access and correction
Australian Privacy Principle 12 permits you to obtain access to the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances, and Australian Privacy Principle 13 allows you to correct inaccurate personal information subject to certain exceptions. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us by emailing us at email@example.com.
Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity. We may charge a reasonable fee for giving access to your personal information if your request requires substantial effort on our part.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide to us is accurate, complete and current. You control the information you provide to us and you can correct or update any information you choose to provide to us. If you want us to correct our records simply tell us what needs to be changed and why.
- Storing your information
We retain your personal data for as long as is necessary with regard to the purposes for which it was collected or required by law.
- Securing your information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorised access and disclosure.
We want you to feel confident using our Site to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure and we disclaim all liability in connection with any such breach of security.
- Complaint procedure
If you have a complaint concerning the manner in which we maintain the privacy of your personal information, please contact us by way of email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All complaints will be considered by us and we may seek further information from you to clarify your concerns. If we agree that your complaint is well founded, we will, in consultation with you, take appropriate steps to rectify the problem. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the
Australian Information Commissioner.
- Overseas transfer
Your personal information may be transferred overseas or stored overseas for a variety of reasons. It is not possible to identify each and every country to which your personal information may be sent. If your personal information is sent to a recipient in a country with data protection laws which are at least substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles, and where there are mechanisms available to you to enforce protection of your personal information under that overseas law, we will not be liable for a breach of the
Australian Privacy Principles if your personal information is mishandled in that jurisdiction. If your personal information is transferred to a jurisdiction which does not have data protection laws as comprehensive as Australia’s, you consent to us transferring your personal information to such countries with the knowledge that if your personal information is mishandled in that jurisdiction, we disclaim responsibility and you will not
have a remedy under Australian law.in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Our website may use a technology called cookies (a small element of data that our website may send to your computer) that may be used to provide you with specific information for the purpose of us tracking site usage and traffic. These cookies do not read your hard drive but may be stored on your hard drive to enable our website to recognise you when you return to the same.
Cookies assist us in maintaining the continuity of your browsing session (e.g. to maintain a shopping cart) and remembering your details and preferences when you return.
Cookies may be arranged by us or by others under an arrangement with us, such as companies whose business it is to analyse information. We may also access information from cookies set by others.
The information collected through these technologies may be used by us to improve and customise your experience on our website.
(a) your computer’s operating system;
(b) your computer’s browser type and capabilities;
(c) your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address and geolocation;
(d) web pages visited, including how you were referred to each web page; and (e) web page usage statistics, including the time spent on each web page.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our Site may not function properly.
- Updates and changes
- Mailing Lists
If at any time you are on a mailing list of ours then you may request to be removed from the same and we will comply with your request if there is no unsubscribe button provided then please contact us via the contact email at email@example.com.
- How to contact us about privacy
If you have any queries, or if you seek access to your personal information, or if you have a complaint about our privacy practices, you can contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org.